Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Eric J. Peters" <er...@sammg.com> on 2000/12/05 15:06:46 UTC

FAQ/Info, and Linux port questions.

Hi-

        I just downloaded everything and signed onto this list yesterday - so
I'm deeply into the xerces learning curve right now and could really use some
assistance.  I've sent mail to xerces-p-dev-info and xerces-p-faq and recieved
a message letting me know that the requested information doesn't (yet) exist.
So, I'm mailing this list hoping for some information.

        To be brief, I want to assist in the Linux port of the xerces-perl
project, and I have some questions:

        * What is the procedure to get involved?
        * Is there a coordinator for this project?  Who?
        * I've been playing with the build, and see it's very heavily weighted
          to Win32, is there even a Linux port in progress?  How do I
          comunicate changes that would affect the Win32 build process?  (i.e.
          moving the Makefile.PL settings to environment variables.)
        * I haven't found any referece in the docs about what versions the
          perl code is designed to work nicely with.  Has it been successfully
          compiled with ICU-1.6 and Xerces-1.3.0?  I'm seeing lib differences.
        * What's the protocol for submitting/committing changes?

        Thanks for the help, I really want to get the Linux port running soon!
        -Eric.

Re: FAQ/Info, and Linux port questions.

Posted by "Eric J. Peters" <er...@sammg.com>.
Hi-

        I've received your code and done some playing around with it - it looks
like a large advance from the CVS code, I look forward to working with it more.

        However, I seem to be missing at least 1 crucial file to continue
development with it - Xerces.i.  I have beat Xerces_wrap.C into shape, but the
right way would be to edit Xerces.i and any other support files that may go along
with it.  Could you send me a full source tree so that I can correctly get this
working under Xerces 1.3, ICU 1.6, etc...  I'll be happy to repackage and post
the changes to this list as soon as I can.

        Thanks,
        -Eric.

Posted by "Harmon S. Nine" <hn...@ns1.netarx.com>.
Hi, Eric.