Posted to users@maven.apache.org by NiranjanG <cr...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/04 13:25:16 UTC

Load a property file in a pom.xml

Hi,

 Can anyone let me know, How I can load a property file in pom.xml.

For eg., in my pom.xml, I have to update the version of a dependency jar .
dynamically, which will be available in a global property file.

This is needed because, the component I work depends on 15 otehr componets,
and I do not have any automated way to know the latest versions of the
binaries published by them.
I decided to have a global property file, which contains all the component's
latest versions( which will be updated dynamically ,when they publish their
binary, and I want update my pom automatically with the values in that file,
so that I will not need to modify my pom everyday.

Your suggestions will be invaluable to me.
Thanks,
Niranjan

Re: Load a property file in a pom.xml

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
There are various rules, but here's the general idea:
<version>[2,)</version> == Anything v2 or higher is OK.

<version>[1,2)</version> == I want version 1 (inclusive) to 2
(exclusive), so anything that starts with version 1 is valid (ie
1.0.1, 1.3, 1.9).

<version>[1.0.1]</version> == Only version 1.0.1 is acceptable.

If you have a specific case that is not handled above, reply back.

Wayne

Posted by Joshua ChaitinPollak <jp...@kivasystems.com>.

Posted by "Sonar, Nishant" <ni...@wachovia.com>.
You can use a maven-properties-plugin developed by Zarar Sidddiqui ,
this way u can have a properties file , and all name=value pairs
available to the build from the global prop file.

http://arsenalist.com/2007/02/07/maven-properties-plugin-download/

Thanks
Nishant Sonar

Posted by Gisbert Amm <gi...@webde.de>.