Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sameera Jayasoma <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/05 07:29:27 UTC

Re: web service clients and OMElement

Hi Ashish,

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Ashish Sarna <as...@thepsi.com>wrote:

>  Hello,
>

> I am new to Axis2. I was going through samples provided by Axis and read
> few other articles.
>

> When Axis2 service is build using AXIOM, all the methods need to follow a
> fix signature:
>

> OMElement methodName(OMElement)
>

> Or
>

> void methodName(OMElement)
>

> In services.xml, we specify the message receivers as
> RawXMLINOutMessageReceiver or RawXMLINOnlyMessageReceiver.
>

> My question is that how would a non-java client call the methods which
> accept an OMElement object reference? Is it like something that client
> passes a String (which is in XML format) and message receiver converts in
> into OMElement

Yes. Axis2 converts XML String into an OMElement and passes it to the
Service class. Actually it is the SOAPBuilder which converts  the input
stream to an SOAP Envelope, not the message receiver. Therefore non-java
clients have to send the request XML string in a manner which can be
understood by the service class.

Thanks.
Sameera

reference?