Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org> on 2019/03/12 16:34:15 UTC

Squashed commit message when merging request

Hi,

Dubbo uses squashed commit when merge pull request, which means
multiple commits will be merged into one.

Sometimes I do see lots of commits in a pull request, my question is
do you think it is necessary to keep all of them? For example, in this
commit[1], some of them are duplicate, I think the person who merge
the commit should be responsible to summarized it, what I normally do
is:
- reduce the content by removing duplicates.
- removing the extra new lines to make it concise
- format the message with [DUBBO-XXX] if possible.

Not sure how other might think.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/commit/d2b5914c359758d7339e028938bc62cad1183c0b

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: Squashed commit message when merging request

Posted by 徐靖峰 <ki...@foxmail.com>.
+1 to squash

Posted by YunKun Huang <hy...@apache.org>.
+1 to squash