Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Rajkumar, Haripriya (Haripriya)" <hr...@lucent.com> on 2004/03/26 15:39:37 UTC

Syslog -t issue

Hello,

I am having problems seeing the log messages on UNIX syslog file.
The problem occurs only when syslogd is started with -t option.(this option turns off syslogd from listening on UDP port)
If syslogd is started without this option I am able to see the messages? Does the SyslogAppender have any known issues
with the syslogd not listening on the UDP Port??

The configuration is with Syslogappender as follows.

# SYSLOG is set to be SyslogAppender sending its output to syslog file on local machine
log4j.appender.SYSLOG=org.apache.log4j.net.SyslogAppender
log4j.appender.SYSLOG.SyslogHost=localhost
log4j.appender.SYSLOG.Facility=LOCAL0
log4j.appender.SYSLOG.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.SYSLOG.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %p %c - %m %n
log4j.appender.SYSLOG.Threshold=FATAL

Any inputs is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
HP