Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ben <be...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/13 21:46:49 UTC

[users@httpd] apache won't start

when i try to start apache i get this error, i recently upgraded
ubuntu server and it started not working.  Thanks

* Starting web server apache2
apache2: Syntax error on line 210 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax
error on line 1 of
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/osrf_http_translator.load: Cannot load
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/osrf_http_translator.so into server:
libmemcached.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
Action 'start' failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.
   ...fail!

--
Ben

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
All information in this document is classified. Access is restricted
to personnel with level 6 access or higher. Any unauthorized use or
duplication of this document, or revealing any of the information
contained with in this document to Dominion enemies, is punishable by
immediate death for the individual(s) involved in compromising
Dominion security.

Re: [users@httpd] apache won't start

Posted by Stormy <st...@stormy.ca>.
At 09:43 PM 10/13/2012 -0400, Yehuda Katz wrote:
>On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Ben
><<m...@gmail.com> wrote:
>* Starting web server apache2
>apache2: Syntax error on line 210 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax
>error on line 1 of
>/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/osrf_http_translator.load: Cannot load
>/usr/lib/apache2/modules/osrf_http_translator.so into server:
>libmemcached.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>directory
>

>The error is that libmemcached.so is missing. Reinstall it (which I can't
>give you more information about because I can not find any documentation
>for osrf_http_translator) and you should be fine.

For Ubuntu 12.04, apt-get finds libmemcached6 which *might* work (I'm not
sure about backwards compatibility, and memcached can be a bit "touchy".)

Regards - Paul

>You could also disable that module: a2dismod osrf_http_translator .

Re: [users@httpd] Apache - ProxyPass issue -- pls suggest

Posted by vi...@yahoo.co.in.
Tom- thanks a lot for such a nice explanation

Thanks,
Vicky

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 7:02 AM,  <vi...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Below tomcat url works http://localhost:8080/kdah when accessed bypassing
> apache. While using apache proxy it doest run by giving context root as "/"
> in proxypass attribute

And requesting what?  What does the error log and access log say? What
does your HTTP client say?

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Fwd: [users@httpd] Apache - ProxyPass issue -- pls suggest

Posted by vi...@yahoo.co.in.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 12:22 PM, vivek aggarwal
<vi...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I am not able to forward the request from apache to tomcat when i am using
> the following configuration for ProxyPass elements :
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ServerName vicky.com
> ProxyPass /    http://localhost:8080/kdah
> ProxyPassReverse /    http://localhost:8080/kdah
> ErrorLog logs/vicky_error.log
> </VirtualHost>
> But its working when i am using the context root(any  string value eg:- /kd
> ) as mentioned below
>

> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ServerName vicky.com
> ProxyPass /kd   http://localhost:8080/kdah
> ProxyPassReverse /kd   http://localhost:8080/kdah
> ErrorLog logs/vicky_error.log
> </VirtualHost>
> Please suggest why is it like that ??????

Tough to say without a better description of "not able" and thinks
like URL's being used and log entries.

For example -- the first stanza sends /kd/ to /kdah/kd, and the second
stanza sends /kd/ to /kdah/.

Presumably your tomcat doesn't generate the same response for both of
thuse URL's, so only one is going to work.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

[users@httpd] Apache - ProxyPass issue -- pls suggest