Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Anand J <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/28 06:45:41 UTC

Introduction mail

Hi All,

I'm pretty new to Open source world and would like to start helping out
with some simple tasks and want to learn new things. I'm a java developer
and has some basic knowledge in python as well. If you have any "newbie"
tasks that is not assigned to anyone yet, you can assign it to me. I'll try
my best to help.

Thanks,
Anand

Re: Introduction mail

Posted by Dave Lester <da...@davelester.org>.
Hi Anand,

Welcome to the Aurora project and community!

We use JIRA for our issue tracking, and have labeled a number of tickets
with "newbie" tasks that you could start with:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%20newbie%20AND%20project%20%3D%20AURORA%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open

If you find a ticket you wish to work on, pass along your JIRA username
and we'll give you permissions to assign the ticket to yourself.

A few other things worth mentioning:

1) We hold weekly IRC meetings every Monday at 10am PST. If you want to
keep up-to-date on the project development, this is a great forum for
the community. All are welcome, and notes are published to the dev@ list
following each meeting.
2) I'd encourage you to walk through the Aurora docs as you get started,
and where you have questions or suggested revisions feel free to pass
along the changes! There is a lot that can improve here, and it will be
valuable to everyone.
3) We use Review Board to review and accept patches to the codebase.
Info about contributing to Aurora is available in the documentation:
http://aurora.incubator.apache.org/documentation/latest/contributing/
3) If you're new to contributing to a project at the Apache Software
Foundation, you may be interested in this site on Apache community
development that has great background on how Apache projects are
managed: http://community.apache.org/

Once again, welcome!

Dave