Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> on 2006/05/15 22:04:16 UTC

Setting system configuration for components

I have a library of components that are used by a couple different
projects. One of the things I would like to do is to set system-wide
defaults for each project that would be used by the components so they
didn't have to be specified each time the component was used. I could
also create a wrapper component to set the properties but in this case
that is not optimal. Anyone know of a way other than setting system
properties that could do this? Something like setting it in a properties
or config file somewhere.

--
Dan Adams
Software Engineer

Re: Setting system configuration for components

Posted by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com>.
Well, i have default values for the parameters set in the component's
annotations but i would like a way to set a different default for those
parameters across the system via some sort of configuration value. It
would be like if the tapestry @Form component had a default value for a
parameter and you wanted to set that default value to something
particular to your application wherever it is used.

Posted by Paul Cantrell <ca...@pobox.com>.