Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Tigran Najaryan <ti...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/04 08:07:20 UTC

Contributing to AS to JS compiler (was: ASJS Publisher error)

I am actually trying to understand how to contribute to the efforts to
compile ActionScript to JS/HTML. I do have some experience with compilers
and the stuff so I hope I will be able to help.

Can you please give me some direction? I tried not to bother anyone and just
follow the instructions in the Wiki and READMEs but it looks like I need
someone to explain me the current state of the project so that I do not
spend time spinning the wheels.

The Wiki describes 3 different ways to compile Flex/AS to JS/HTML: the
FlexJS, AS to JS and FalconJx. Can you please tell which one is the current
and where should I focus?

Thanks,
Tigran.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Yes, you are correct. There are 2 compilers for AS -> JS
cross-compilation: FalconJS and FalconJx. Once we get the kinks out,
the FlexJS development will move from it's current compiler, FalconJS,
to the FalconJx compiler.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Contributing to AS to JS compiler (was: ASJS Publisher error)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
FalconJS is effectively in maintenance mode.  I have a few fixes to make to
keep a "customer" happy, but all efforts are now on FalconJX.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

RE: Contributing to AS to JS compiler (was: ASJS Publisher error)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team