Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2007/08/01 04:58:52 UTC

plugin hook advice?

I'm working on a plugin and need some advice for hooks.
$plugin->check_post_dnsbl says "This is a good place to harvest your own
asynchronously-started network lookups".  I'm using
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Karmasphere as a reference, and it uses
parsed_metadata() and check_post_dnsbl() to start and retrieve some
network queries.  My plugin will do something very similar, but it
relies on another plugin running first and it needs to only do the query
if the first plugin sets a certain field on permsgstatus.  My problem is
that the first plugin has not run when my parsed_metadata() executes, so
I'm not sure the best place to initiate my network query.  Any suggestions?

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal