Posted to user@struts.apache.org by prasad iyer <g_...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2009/12/10 22:50:34 UTC

redirect with parameter

Hi,

I am stuck with a problem I want to add parameters to redirect. Following is the example.

    <package name="org.caltex.signup" extends="struts-default">
<action name="SignUpAction" class="org.caltex.SignUpAction">
<result name="redirecturl" type="redirect">
<param name="location">${redirecturl}</param>
<param name="email">${email}</param>
</result>
             <result name="input">/left/jsp/signup/signup.jsp</result>
            <result name="error">/left/jsp/signup/signup.jsp</result>
</action>
</package>

but email is not getting appended to the url.

Help would be highly appreciated
thanks in advance

Re: redirect with parameter

Posted by prasad iyer <g_...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi Neil,

Thanks a lot.

I solved the problem
<package name="org.cross.signup" extends="struts-default">
             <action name="SignUpAction" class="org.cross.SignUpAction">
             <result name="redirecturl" type="redirect">
                          <param name="location">/${redirecturl}?${urlparameters}</param>
                          <param name="parse">true</param>
             </result>
                          <result name="input">/left/jsp/signup/signup.jsp</result>
                         <result name="error">/left/jsp/signup/signup.jsp</result>
             </action>
</package>

I am getting redirecturl from property and urlparameters has the getter and setter in Action class.
I can't use the
<param name="encode">true</param> because it encodes both redirecturl and urlparameters.

cheers

Posted by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@JAMMConsulting.com>.
Prasad: