Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason McCormick <jm...@lexi.com> on 2002/10/07 21:03:38 UTC

POSTed pages expire in IE?

  I'm working on an upgrade from Tomcat 3 to Tomcat 4.1.12 and I've run into a
curious problem.  The scenraio is a user enters data into a form and the
server returns a results page.  On that results page, a list of matches is
presented and the user can click on one to view details.  With the
application running on Tomcat 3.2 the user could click the back button and
the previous page with the hits would be viewable in the cache on the
browser.  With 4.1.12, the user can no longer hit the back button.  When back
is pressed, IE displays a page that says that the page content has expered
that that it won't automatically repost the request for security reason.
Rolling back to 3.2 fixed this error.  The fact that it works in 3.2 makes it
sound as if this is a configuration issue with Tomcat 4.1.12.  Can someone
point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

--
Jason McCormick