Posted to users@camel.apache.org by William Tam <em...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/04 15:40:18 UTC

[DISCUSS] CXF 2.3 upgrade in Camel 2.6?

Willem and I would like to start a discussion regarding which release of
Camel should be upgraded to CXF 2.3.  There is a lot of good reasons to
upgrade to CXF 2.3.   However, upgrading it in Camel 2.6 could mean
stopping supporting CXF 2.2.x in the future Camel 2.x releases.  (see
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-3308) It also means that
users who upgrade to Camel 2.6 will be forced to upgrade to CXF 2.3.  It
is almost certain that Camel 3 will have CXF 2.3.x, which (Camel 3) is
targeted from 1st quarter of 2011.   It is not that far away.   So,
let's hear your opinion on whether we should upgrade to CXF 2.3 in Camel
2.6 or not?

Thanks,
Willem and William

Re: [DISCUSS] CXF 2.3 upgrade in Camel 2.6?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Is CXF 2.3 compatible with JDK 1.5.
I had an issue compiling camel-soap with some recent CXF 2.3 tooling upgrade.

See

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [DISCUSS] CXF 2.3 upgrade in Camel 2.6?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] CXF 2.3 upgrade in Camel 2.6?

Posted by William Tam <em...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

--
Willem

Re: [DISCUSS] CXF 2.3 upgrade in Camel 2.6?

Posted by William Tam <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Is there a good reason not to?