Posted to fortress@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/02 11:52:41 UTC

Realm release preparation pbs

Hi guys,

I have cleaned-up the realm pom.xml, in order to run the release.

There are 52 files without the license header :

Unapproved licenses:

  impl/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/GlobalIds.java
  impl/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/package.html
  impl/target/.plxarc
  impl/target/javancss-raw-report.xml
  impl/target/jdepend-report.xml

impl/target/maven-status/maven-compiler-plugin/compile/default-compile/createdFiles.lst

impl/target/maven-status/maven-compiler-plugin/compile/default-compile/inputFiles.lst
  impl/target/site/css/site.css
  impl/target/site/xref/allclasses-frame.html
  impl/target/site/xref/index.html
  impl/target/site/xref/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/GlobalIds.html

impl/target/site/xref/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/J2eePolicyMgr.html

impl/target/site/xref/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/J2eePolicyMgrFactory.html

impl/target/site/xref/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/J2eePolicyMgrImpl.html

impl/target/site/xref/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/package-frame.html

impl/target/site/xref/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/package-summary.html
  impl/target/site/xref/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/TcPrincipal.html

impl/target/site/xref/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/tomcat/package-frame.html

impl/target/site/xref/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/tomcat/package-summary.html

impl/target/site/xref/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/tomcat/TC7AccessMgrFascade.html

impl/target/site/xref/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/tomcat/TcAccessMgrImpl.html
  impl/target/site/xref/overview-frame.html
  impl/target/site/xref/overview-summary.html
  impl/target/taglist/taglist.xml
  lib/LICENSE-EHCACHE-TERRACOTTA.txt
  lib/LICENSE-JGraphT.txt
  lib/LICENSE-unboundid-ldapsdk-2.1.0-se.txt
  lib/LICENSE-UnboundID-LDAPSDK.txt
  proxy/src/main/java/fortress-javadoc.css
  proxy/target/.plxarc
  proxy/target/classes/META-INF/DEPENDENCIES
  proxy/target/javancss-raw-report.xml
  proxy/target/jdepend-report.xml
  proxy/target/maven-archiver/pom.properties
  proxy/target/maven-shared-archive-resources/META-INF/DEPENDENCIES

proxy/target/maven-status/maven-compiler-plugin/compile/default-compile/createdFiles.lst

proxy/target/maven-status/maven-compiler-plugin/compile/default-compile/inputFiles.lst
  proxy/target/site/css/site.css
  proxy/target/site/xref/allclasses-frame.html
  proxy/target/site/xref/index.html

proxy/target/site/xref/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/tomcat/package-frame.html

proxy/target/site/xref/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/tomcat/package-summary.html

proxy/target/site/xref/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/tomcat/Tc7AccessMgrProxy.html

proxy/target/site/xref/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/tomcat/TcAccessMgr.html

proxy/target/site/xref/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/util/ChildFirstUrlClassLoader.html

proxy/target/site/xref/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/util/CpUtil.html

proxy/target/site/xref/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/util/package-frame.html

proxy/target/site/xref/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/util/package-summary.html
  proxy/target/site/xref/overview-frame.html
  proxy/target/site/xref/overview-summary.html
  proxy/target/taglist/taglist.xml
  proxy/target/test-classes/META-INF/DEPENDENCIES

Re: Realm release preparation pbs

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
Howdy,

Some more issues:

1. dependency prob by jmeter, reverted to its prev version.

2. (as you pointed out earlier) there is a static binding issue with sl4j.  First question, why did this suddenly appear?  Didn’t feel like mucking so I added sl4j's simple jar, which fixed the error and allowed log statements to work.  But now they’re formatted differently.  No longer picking up the log4j config.  Scratching head.  Not a showstopper.  We can fix it later.

But the third issue stops me:

3. fortress realm can’t find 1.0-RC42 core jar earlier deployed.  This means my m2 settings.xml needs a statement pointing to the staging repo.  I did setup that file per the instructions on our website but didn’t include the pointer to the staging repo.

With 1 & 2’s necessary changes to the pom I’ll need to re-deploy core’s content to correct the release.

I suppose I could change the versions in core and realm to 1.0-RC42, and run mvn install locally to get past #3, but that would be a BAD programmer.

Shawn

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.