Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Satish Abburi <Sa...@sstech.us> on 2017/05/23 19:49:49 UTC

AWS cloudformation script for Metron deployment

Want to check with community before we invest to create one? If we don’t have one, can we leverage any existing scripts to create this.

Thanks,
Satish

Re: AWS cloudformation script for Metron deployment

Posted by Debojyoti Dutta <dd...@gmail.com>.
In case folks are considering alternatives to ambari, one option would be
to use spinnaker.io

thx
debo

--
-Debo~

Re: AWS cloudformation script for Metron deployment

Posted by Jon P <jo...@streamlinedev.net>.
Is it published anywhere that moving the deployment to the above mentioned
methods is on the current roadmap?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-21105?filter=-4 (There are
quite a few so I may have missed it)

Until the alternate deployment methods are in place; I feel a cloud
formation template would be beneficial to the community. Being able to
deploy this as something as simple a a cloud formation stack can get many
more using this great tool. So personally I would love that template
Satish; if you get started and have this in a public repo; I'd be able to
help with PRs. (With my new exposure to Metron; I am not sure I'm the best
candidate to start on this)

From my experience much of the customization would be happening in the
userdata which can easily be modified once the alternate deployment methods
exist.

Just my .02.

--
-J

Re: AWS cloudformation script for Metron deployment

Posted by Debojyoti Dutta <dd...@gmail.com>.

--
-Debo~

Re: AWS cloudformation script for Metron deployment

Posted by Satish Abburi <Sa...@sstech.us>.

Posted by Satish Abburi <Sa...@sstech.us>.

Posted by Simon Elliston Ball <si...@simonellistonball.com>.

Posted by Simon Elliston Ball <si...@simonellistonball.com>.