Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at> on 2021/01/03 12:08:52 UTC

Re: Regression Test Run for upcoming 5.0.0

Hi,

Thanks for the fixes and the "stress" documents, I added a few more and
added a test for the normal unit-tests to trigger those documents,
otherwise the ooxml-schema-lite does not contain them as far as I saw.

Next regression-run is underway...

Dominik.

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

the 2nd run of the regression tests is now finished, results look much
better now, only very few failures left (56 failures in 12 stacktraces):

1) o.a.p.ooxml.POIXMLException: error: The document is not a
xml@urn:schemas-poi-apache-org:vmldrawing:
document element namespace mismatch expected
"urn:schemas-poi-apache-org:vmldrawing" got "
http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main"
=> Seems to have been introduced by #64773 - Visual signatures for
.xlsx/.docx, Subversion Revision 1882394

2) A few failures related to drawing slideshows, likely introduced by
support much more functionality there, not sure if we need to fix those

3) java.lang.RuntimeException: CountryRecord or SSTRecord not found: This
is just a change in an error-message which needs to be catched differently
in the integration-tests

4) some documents try to allocate very large arrays, which I would ignore
as a user can increase the allowed max allocated memory easily

5) "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid char (*) found at index (*)
in sheet name *" => now happens because we fixed another issue, so not an
actual regression

Full reports are at
http://people.apache.org/~centic/poi_regression/reports/index412RC3to500RC1.html
and
http://people.apache.org/~centic/poi_regression/reportsAll/index412RC3to500RC1.html

I think we only need to take a look at 1) and 2) before releasing.

Thanks... Dominik.