Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dav Coleman <da...@danger-island.com> on 2000/07/11 05:49:43 UTC

jdk1.2 and Interrupted system call

I've gotten tomcat to work on my system running apache 1.3.12 and
with jdk117_v3, however whenever I attempt to run tomcat using
jdk1.2 I get this error -after- the first servlet is loaded and
used (I'll usually get a proper return in the browser from the
servlet invocation):

java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system call
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(Compiled Code)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(Compiled Code)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptConnections(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpListenerThread.run(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

This error is thrown for both sockets (8080 and 8007) and then tomcat dies.

I know tomcat is supposed to be usable for jdk1.2, does anyone know if this
is a common problem? Unfortunately this mailing list has no archive
that I've been able to find.

Thanks,
Dav

--