Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Da...@equifax.com on 2002/12/19 22:04:05 UTC

DListImpl leaks a PB

I'm running 0.9.4.

I loaded a collection of items (OBJ returned a DListImpl).  I removed an
item from a the list.  For reasons unknown (well, not entirely clear), OJB
thought there was a current transaction so it proceeded to remove the
object from the database.  Now, I had, in fact, just commited a
transaction.  So, either this is a bug in the committing a transaction does
not "remove" the current Transaction, or I'm not doing something I'm
supposed to do with Transaction to indicate I'm through with like I'm
supposed to.

Anybody got any ideas which one it is?

Thanks
David Corbin

This message contains information from Equifax Inc. which may be
confidential and privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient, please
refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
information and note that such actions are prohibited.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify by e-mail
postmaster@equifax.com.

Re: DListImpl leaks a PB

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@apache.org>.
Hi David,

David.Corbin@equifax.com wrote:
> I'm running 0.9.4.
>
> I loaded a collection of items (OBJ returned a DListImpl).  I removed an
> item from a the list.  For reasons unknown (well, not entirely clear), OJB
> thought there was a current transaction so it proceeded to remove the
> object from the database.  Now, I had, in fact, just commited a
> transaction.  So, either this is a bug in the committing a transaction does
> not "remove" the current Transaction, or I'm not doing something I'm
> supposed to do with Transaction to indicate I'm through with like I'm
> supposed to.
>
> Anybody got any ideas which one it is?

I'm not quite sure what's going on in your application exactly. Could
you please post the relevant section of your code producing this problem?

ODMG collections are build to work *within* ODMG transaction boundaries.
That is if you remove an item from such a collection, they will tell the
current transaction about the deletion. But they should not access the
database directly!

cheers,
Thomas