Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Rhett Aultman <Ra...@fcci-group.com> on 2002/07/16 15:43:35 UTC

RE: FOP Specialized Classloader

Hey, gang.

I posted my inital commentary and proposal for a FOP specialized classloader that automatically and transparently resolves JVM versioning and vendor issues (and OS, and just about anything else we want).  I posted it a bit over a week ago as an attachment to Bug #10379.  Has anyone had the opportunity to read it?  Any comments?  I'm just curious as to if there is any feedback on the idea.  If it's a liked idea, I will have some time to devote to working further on it next week, and so I wanted to see where we stood with it.

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
Rhett,

Judging by the deafening silence, I would say you are on your own on
this one.  You may take heart from the fact that no-one has said
"Don't!"  So go for it.  If you don't do it, nobody will.  However, It
would probably be a good idea to send a message to the other Apache Java
projects, briefly outlining what you are thinking about.  It may be that
similar efforts are underway elsewhere.

One of the more experienced devops like Keiron may be able to make more
informed comments on this.

Peter