Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Doug Donohoe <do...@donohoe.info> on 2008/06/03 00:48:44 UTC

new wicket site live: online.ddpoker.com (+1 for generics)

Hi All:

We launched the new http://online.ddpoker.com/ yesterday.  It replaces an
old JSP/JDBC site with wicket/spring/jpa/hibernate.

The site is 100% bookmarkable.  The site also uses the
wicketstuff-annotations project that we contributed.   One cool thing we did
with the annotations/bookmarkable pages was map the old legacy jsp pages to
the new wicket counterparts, including mapping the old query parameters.
Wicket made this trivial to do.

Other useful things we did in wicket:  a bookmarkable paging navigator
(which is used across the site), components to show negative percent/dollars
in red, and a highlighting widget used to show matching search results.

We are using Wicket 1.4-trunk (as of yesterday due to a fix we submitted).
We migrated from 1.3.x to 1.4 mid-project.  Getting used to generics took
about 1 1/2 days, but was well worth the effort.  Consider this a
two-thumbs-up success story for generics.

Thanks to the people on this list who answered my questions.  I hope to add
more lessons learned to my wiki page this week
(http://wiki.donohoedigital.com/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Wicket%20Notes).

-Doug Donohoe

Re: new wicket site live: online.ddpoker.com (+1 for generics)

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Doug,

Another congratulations from me.  I took a look at the site and I
might just sign up.  My dad likes to play Texas Hold 'em and I'd like
to kick his butt! :)  Glad to hear the generic model/components work
for you too.  I'm using them and there have been some headaches, but
overall I like the clarity.

James

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.
Doug,