Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by rodchar <ro...@hotmail.com> on 2009/02/20 16:54:25 UTC

log definition is in my pagebase

Hi all,

i have a pagebase class where all my tiers inherit from. i'm using the
fileappender and i noticed the logger says it came from pagebase. is there a
way to tell it to report the inheriting class that actually logged the
record?

thanks,
rodchar

Re: log definition is in my pagebase

Posted by Ulrich Proeller <ul...@prosa-gmbh.de>.
I often experience, that users are tempted to use one shared logger
throughout their application. One reason for this may be the misconception,
that a logger is a quite big object and it is expensive to create and hold
many of them.
Perhaps it would be good to emphasize in the log4net documentation, that
loggers are leightweight objects and doesn't make any problem to hold
hundreds of them in an application.

Posted by Ron Grabowski <ro...@yahoo.com>.