Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Tarun Kumar <Ta...@lntinfotech.com> on 2008/11/19 06:29:08 UTC

Problem in Roller compilation

HI
I am m trying to build Roller from source (apache-roller-src-4.0) without
any modifications. Here is the environment:
Src: apache-roller-src-4.0
Application server: Tomcat 5.5.9
 Database: My-SQL server
ID : Eclipse
Java : 5.0
while bulding the project we are getting exception like
  [javac] symbol  : class SendFailedException
    [javac] location: class org.apache.roller.weblogger.util.MailUtil
    [javac] SendFailedException sendex = new SendFailedException("Unable
to send message to some recipients");

These are probably due to mail.jar but i have added the mail .jar in my
project
<classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/Documents and Settings/Tarun
K/Desktop/mail.jar"/>
but these error still persist

if there is anyone who has successfully set up the development environment

on Eclipse
Please HELP

Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd.
www.Lntinfotech.com

This Document is classified as:

L&T Infotech Proprietary   L&T Infotech Confidential   L&T Infotech
Internal Use Only   L&T Infotech General Business

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do
not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it
from your system.

RE: Problem in Roller compilation

Posted by Brian Levine <le...@hotmail.com>.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand...  Are the compile errors gone?

Have you looked at the install guide to deploy roller?  Once you have roller.jar, the instructions in the install guide be the same as if you downloaded the jar file.

The doc can be found at apps/weblogger/docs/installguide/roller-install-guide.odt

Hope that helps
/Brian

> [...]
> > <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/Documents and Settings/Tarun
> > K/Desktop/mail.jar"/>
> > but these error still persist
> >
> > if there is anyone who has successfully set up the development
> environment
> >
> > on Eclipse
> > Please HELP
> >
> > Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd.
> > www.Lntinfotech.com
> >
> > This Document is classified as:
> >
> > L&T Infotech Proprietary   L&T Infotech Confidential   L&T Infotech
> > Internal Use Only   L&T Infotech General Business
> >
> > This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
> > intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do
> > not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it
> > from your system.

> Color coding for safety: Windows Live Hotmail alerts you to suspicious

Proud to be a PC? Show the world. Download the “I’m a PC” Messenger themepack now.
hthttp://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/119642558/direct/01/

RE: Problem in Roller compilation

Posted by Tarun Kumar <Ta...@lntinfotech.com>.

Posted by Brian Levine <le...@hotmail.com>.