Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2008/08/31 07:28:35 UTC

Cut a 0.2.1 release candidate?

All known bugs filed against 0.2.1 have been resolved.  If no
objections, I'll cut a release candidate in the next day or so.  For
those interested, here's the list of 37 issues fixed since 0.2.0:
http://tinyurl.com/6qhehe.
Thanks.
St.Ack

RE: Cut a 0.2.1 release candidate?

Posted by Jonathan Gray <jl...@streamy.com>.
+1, have been running for a while without issue

+1, I have finished a small write workload via MR job which ran 3 hours.
Shows no speed difference compared to 0.2.0.

Posted by Rong-en Fan <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Kellerman <ji...@powerset.com>.
+1

---
Jim Kellerman, Senior Software Development Engineer
Powerset (Live Search, Microsoft Corporation)

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@yahoo.com>.
+1, especially the locking evaluation and de-entanglement done by Jim and J-D as part of 810.

We might be seeing regionserver deadlocks with 0.2.0. See attached partial log, including stack trace requested from the UI, from a regionserver that reports to the master but does not handle requests from clients, hanging them. There is no hint that anything is amiss in the log. All of the IPC handlers are blocked. Also I'm not sure what to make of the high counts on CompactSplitThread.compactionQueue :

  Thread 9 (regionserver/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:60020.compactor):
    State: TIMED_WAITING
    Blocked count: 217143
    Waited count: 393898
    Stack:
      sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)
      java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.parkNanos (LockSupport.java:198)
      java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer $ConditionObject.awaitNanos(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1963)
      java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue.poll (LinkedBlockingQueue.java:395)
      org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.CompactSplitThread.run (CompactSplitThread.java:76)

but do not think I have enough solid information to file a JIRA and investigate/fix this yet.

I'm hoping we just won't see this with 0.2.1. :-)

  -  Andy

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
+1, that's a major fix!