Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Thomas Kristensen <tk...@multimed.dk> on 2009/07/20 10:12:42 UTC

[users@httpd] Allow gif's to be accessed inside realm without password.

I got this Directory thingy that's protect my admin system for my homepage.
But is it possible to allow gif files to be accessed inside the realm
without password?

I tried with FilesMatch, Location, LocationMatch and such things but maybe
I'am doing it wrong, because it doesn't work.

<Directory /var/www/vhosts/homepage/admin>
	AuthType Basic
	AuthName "Private"
	AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/conf/htpasswd.ht
	Require valid-user
	Satisfy all
</Directory>

Can I be done? And how?

Thanks.

DataGruppen MultiMed
- Thomas Kristensen
- Email: tk@multimed.dk
- Tlf: 75 72 54 99
- 7100 Vejle / Denmark

SV: [users@httpd] Allow gif's to be accessed inside realm without password.

Posted by Thomas Kristensen <tk...@multimed.dk>.
That worked. Thanks.

DataGruppen MultiMed
- Thomas Kristensen
- Email: tk@multimed.dk
- Tlf: 75 72 54 99
- 7100 Vejle / Denmark

> I got this Directory thingy that's protect my admin system for my
homepage.
> But is it possible to allow gif files to be accessed inside the realm
> without password?
>
> I tried with FilesMatch, Location, LocationMatch and such things but maybe
> I'am doing it wrong, because it doesn't work.
>
> <Directory /var/www/vhosts/homepage/admin>
> 	AuthType Basic
> 	AuthName "Private"
> 	AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/conf/htpasswd.ht
> 	Require valid-user
> 	Satisfy all
> </Directory>

Try this :
 > <Directory /var/www/vhosts/homepage/admin>
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
 > 	AuthType Basic
 > 	AuthName "Private"
 > 	AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/conf/htpasswd.ht
 > 	Require valid-user
 > 	Satisfy all
     <FilesMatch "\.gif$">
	Allow from all
	Satisfy any
     </FilesMatch>

Re: [users@httpd] Allow gif's to be accessed inside realm without password.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Thomas Kristensen wrote:
> I got this Directory thingy that's protect my admin system for my homepage.
> But is it possible to allow gif files to be accessed inside the realm
> without password?
>
> I tried with FilesMatch, Location, LocationMatch and such things but maybe
> I'am doing it wrong, because it doesn't work.
>
> <Directory /var/www/vhosts/homepage/admin>
> 	AuthType Basic
> 	AuthName "Private"
> 	AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/conf/htpasswd.ht
> 	Require valid-user
> 	Satisfy all
> </Directory>

Try this :
 > <Directory /var/www/vhosts/homepage/admin>
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
 > 	AuthType Basic
 > 	AuthName "Private"
 > 	AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/conf/htpasswd.ht
 > 	Require valid-user
 > 	Satisfy all
     <FilesMatch "\.gif$">
	Allow from all