Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Mehmet Simsek <nu...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/19 14:15:58 UTC

Starting Region Server with HBase API

Hi, I can stop region server by using HBaseAdmin class but cannot start.

How can I start region server by using Hbase API?

HRegionServer class has startRegionServer method, Can I use this class?
--
M. Nurettin ŞİMŞEK

Re: Starting Region Server with HBase API

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Have you used Puppet ?

It can restart region server if region server dies midway.

Cheers

Posted by Mehmet Simsek <nu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted,

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mehmet Simsek <nu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mehmet Simsek <nu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
startRegionServer creates a new Thread, wrapping the passed in
HRegionServer.

Can you use script to start region server ?

Cheers