Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Jean ANDRE <ja...@cmtek.com> on 2004/12/08 21:06:50 UTC

SOAP-ENV:Envelope vs soap:Envelope and no NS vers NS1

Hello guys,

I would like to know if there is a difference  or make a difference from
the webservice and XML parser if we have such following text:

- <#> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="                 Generated from
Axis WSDL Tool for C++
versus
- <#> <soap:Envelope
xmlns:soap="                                          Generated by a Dot
.Net Application

and

- <#>
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
Generated from Axis WSDL Tool for C++
- <#> <ns1:credit xmlns:ns1="*op*">
- <#> <ns1:txnRequest>
+ <#> <orderTotal>

versus

- <#>
<soap:Body>
Generated by a Dot .Net Application
- <#> <credit xmlns="*op*">
- <#> <txnRequest>
+ <#> <orderTotal>
  <amount>203.99</amount>
  <currency>USD</currency>
  </orderTotal>

 From where do you  get "ns1:"  ?  Is it possible to remove it  ?

Thanks a lot.

Jean

Re: SOAP-ENV:Envelope vs soap:Envelope and no NS vers NS1

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jean,
    This should not be a problem I guess.

Axis C++ sends:
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
<SOAP-ENV:Body>

to axis Java server and Axis Java sends:
<soapenv:Envelope
 <soapenv:Body>

to Axis C++ client.

They interoperate without any problems. Hence I think it would work
with .NET, but I have not tested with .NET

Re: ns1 ->
ns1 is picked form the WSDL and is defined in the XML response sent. e.g.
<ns1:echoDecimal xmlns:ns1="http://soapinterop.org/">

If you are to get rid of ns1, you may have to manually edit the
generated source, which I do not think a wise thing to do.
As the use of ns1 is done according to XML rules, most parsers would
not find any fault with it.

Thanks,
Samisa...