Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2013/02/11 17:22:29 UTC

[ACS41] Release Schedule Reminder

Hi all,

Happy Monday!  Just dropping you all a note as a reminder of where we
are in the 4.1.0 schedule.

2013-02-28 is the end of our test phase, and should be the end of the
doc finalization for the release.

We'll shift into a mode where the 4.1 branch should only be updated by
me after that date (after you ask for a cherry-pick for a critical bug
or translation update).

I also notice that we have 15 Features / Improvements *still* listed as
"Open" in Jira for 4.1.

Here's the list:

Improvement CLOUDSTACK-583  Expose Service Offerings and Zone options (including UUID) to users in the CloudStack UI    Brian Federle
Improvement CLOUDSTACK-636  API refactoring -- Annotate api cmd classes with @ACL appropriately Fang Wang
New Feature CLOUDSTACK-299  Egress firewall rules for guest network Jayapal Reddy
Improvement CLOUDSTACK-1    Add Maven building to site docs, developer documentation / fix packaging instructions   Joe Brockmeier
Improvement CLOUDSTACK-313  Fix cross references throughout documentation   Joe Brockmeier
Improvement CLOUDSTACK-358  Fix PDF output for docs Joe Brockmeier
Improvement CLOUDSTACK-1022 Release Dedicated Public IP Address range back to the free pool Likitha Shetty
New Feature CLOUDSTACK-645  add/remove network on VM    Marcus Sorensen
New Feature CLOUDSTACK-658  Scaling up CPU and RAM for running VMs  Nitin Mehta
Improvement CLOUDSTACK-1217 Need to refactor cloud-engine createVM flow to handle Storage and Network allocation separately.    Prachi Damle
Improvement CLOUDSTACK-980  marvin integration lib: make the library consistent with API    Prasanna Santhanam
New Feature CLOUDSTACK-703  Site-to-Site VPN 2.0 Enhancements   Sheng Yang
Improvement CLOUDSTACK-738  Ability to manage Basic and Advanced Zone using a single instance of CloudStack Sonny Chhen
Improvement CLOUDSTACK-716  Make netscaler plugin part of apache release    Vijay Venkatachalam
Improvement CLOUDSTACK-997  Improve documentation of assignVirtualMachine API   Unassigned

Can the assigned individuals (and in the case of CLOUDSTACK-997, Radhika
as the reporter) please update to either "In Progress" or move the
target release to 4.2 or Future?

As for bugs, we have the following breakdown of unresolved / not-closed
bugs set with an affected version of 4.1:

Blocker: 3
Critical: 6
Major: 41
Minor: 8
Trivial: 1

There is lots to get done in the next two and a half weeks!

Thanks again everyone.

-chip

RE: [ACS41] Release Schedule Reminder

Posted by Likitha Shetty <li...@citrix.com>.
Changed the target release of bug CLOUDSTACK-1022 to 4.2.

Thank you,
Likitha

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 10:39:50AM -0800, Sheng Yang wrote:
> New Feature CLOUDSTACK-703  Site-to-Site VPN 2.0 Enhancements   Sheng Yang
>
> This one has sub-task target for 4.1(which is already done), so people
> initially make the parent target to 4.1 as well. But I think it should
> be 4.2 anyway, because the part in 4.1 is already done.
>
> Change the target to 4.2 for CLOUDSTACK-703.
>
> --Sheng

Yeah, I think that's the right choice too.  Unless you want to highlight
a specific feature as part of the release, it's better to keep works in
progress from being listed as new features.

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.