Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jonathan Carlson <jc...@is.com> on 2000/11/06 17:47:14 UTC

path separators and properties

I'm kind of stuck with an issue of path separators (I love to hate microsoft
;-).  I understandably have to use forward slashes when I put an absolute
file or directory into a properties file.  But if I then use that same
property file in a filtersfile argument to create a DOS batch file, the
slash comes out with a forward slash, which DOS complains about big time.

Does anyone know how I can have this both ways?

Thanks!

Jonathan

Jonathan Carlson
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Re: path separators and properties

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 JC> I understandably have to use forward slashes when I put an
 JC> absolute file or directory into a properties file.

Who said so? You'll probably need to escape the backslash though
(i.e. use \\ instead of \ ).

Stefan