Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rajasekar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/29 12:05:24 UTC

Catalina.out eats my harddisk space

Hi,

I am facing a *catalina.out log* file problem in tomcat5. It eats my
harddisk space like anythink. My harddisk size is 80GB hard disk. Everyday i
have to remove the catalina.out file. the nextday it fills the harddisk. and
i cann't run tomcat. What could be the problem. Please help me if anybody
knew to this issue.

Regards

Rajasekar V.R

Re: Catalina.out eats my harddisk space

Posted by Anto Paul <an...@gmail.com>.
On 4/29/05, Rajasekar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing a *catalina.out log* file problem in tomcat5. It eats my
> harddisk space like anythink. My harddisk size is 80GB hard disk. Everyday i
> have to remove the catalina.out file. the nextday it fills the harddisk. and
> i cann't run tomcat. What could be the problem. Please help me if anybody
> knew to this issue.
>
> Regards
>
> Rajasekar V.R

May be you are running Tomcat with log level set at debug/trace. Check
server.xml to see the log level there. Or it can be the application.
Check for files named logging.properties, log4j.properties in Tomcat
installation.
--
rgds
Anto Paul

Re: Catalina.out eats my harddisk space

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
catalina.out is never written to by tomcat itself. (except if no loggers for
commons-logging are configured) So ..

1) Do not use System.out
2) Do not use Throwable.printStackTrace()
3) Configure you logging (add log4j, or add a commons-logging configuration)

-Tim