Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com> on 2005/07/06 19:54:56 UTC

JavaOne Web Framework Smackdown (was: Re: [ot][shale] How did JavaOne go?)

At 10:31 AM -0700 7/6/05, Craig McClanahan wrote:
>While you're grabbing sessions, you'll also enjoy the "Web Application
>Framework Smackdown" (later on Wednesday afternoon), where David
>represented Shale on stage (along with reps for JSF, WebWork,
>Tapestry, and Echo).  Hands down the most entertaining JavaOne session
>I've been to in my six years of going.  (PS:  more than a few people
>told me that they figured Struts 1.x won, despite not being on stage
>at all :-).

Interesting; a friend told me that Struts took quite a bit of dissing
in the smackdown, but maybe setting it up with a title like that
makes such a result inevitable.  (Craig, he was also quite impressed
by your Shale presentation ;-)

Anyway, he didn't give me such a clear impression that Struts "won",
but then, I don't suppose winning is the point.  As I told him, I am
happy to learn everything I can from other frameworks to make Struts
better.

Does anyone else have reports from that session, or care to point out
any lessons we should learn?

Joe

--
Joe Germuska