Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by sh...@t2.technion.ac.il on 2008/01/20 11:22:57 UTC

A question about xerces-C in Linux

Hello,

I'm a student for CS and download xerces-c-src_2_8_0.tar.gz for using a program
in Linux operating system. Variable enviroments are updated in .login file :

setenv XERCESCROOT /home/shirab/xerces-c-src_2_8_0
setenv XERCESC_INCLUDES $XERCESCROOT/include
setenv XERCESC_DEFINES
setenv XERCESC_FLAGS
setenv XERCESC_LIB_PATH $XERCESCROOT/lib
setenv XERCESC_LIB_NAME $XERCESCROOT
setenv XOGASTANROOT /home/shirab/XOGastan-api-src_0.99
setenv XOGASTAN_INCLUDES $XOGASTANROOT/include
setenv XOGASTAN_DEFINES
setenv XOGASTAN_FLAGS -g
setenv XOGASTAN_LIB_PATH $XOGASTANROOT/lib
setenv PLATFORM LINUX
setenv PREFIX_LIB /home/shirab/XOGastan-api/lib
setenv PREFIX_INCLUDE /home/shirab/XOGastan-api/include

However, I get error messages when building the software like:
/home/shirab/XOGastan-api-src_0.99/include/XOGastan/Utils/a2b.hpp:31:38:
xercesc/util/XMLString.hpp: No such file or directory

Althogth the requsted file XMLString.hpp exists in directory:
/home/shirab/xerces-c-src_2_8_0/src/xercesc/utilXMLString.hpp

Do you know what is wrong and how is it possible to solve it ?

thanks, Shira

Re: A question about xerces-C in Linux

Posted by Ozgur Sahoglu <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shira,

Your program's include path does not contain the Xerces-C include directory.
If you did default installation on Linux, the include files should be
located under /usr/local/include. If you have built Xerces-c, but haven't
install the library, then the files are under $XERCESCROOT/include (it looks
that's what you're trying to use). You can pass the include path using
-I$XERCESCROOT/include option (dash_capital_i followed by the include path)
with gcc/g++. Don't forget to include also the Xerces-c lib folder using -L
option when you're building your program. Otherwise, it won't link to the
Xerces-c library.

Cheers,

-Ozgur Sahoglu