Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Andrew Kennedy <an...@cloudsoftcorp.com> on 2014/05/29 10:27:15 UTC

Fwd: Brooklyncentral GitHub Repository

Although Aled responded on the right list, here is the original message in
case anyone missed it, with the change that I suggest we cut over
repositories next week, once we have a consensus on committer Git workflow.

Andrew.
Posted by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org>.
On 29 May 2014 11:16, Andrew Kennedy <an...@cloudsoftcorp.com> wrote:
> Git workflows for
> committers (since that for a non-committer is always via JIRA)

I don't think this is true - the GitHub-using projects also allow
non-committers to make pull requests. The committer has the
responsibility to ask the contributor to submit an ICLA, if one is
required. This is part of the jclouds model, for example.

Richard.

Re: Brooklyncentral GitHub Repository

Posted by Andrew Kennedy <an...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.
FYI,

While waiting for a response to the Usergrid workflow, I have been looking
around at other Apache projects to determine their Git workflows for
committers (since that for a non-committer is always via JIRA) which are
usually documented on their sites or wikis. One in particular stood out as
a nice example we could follow; Cordova.

- http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/GitWorkflow

Other similar project workflows using pull requests:

- https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/v0.14.0-beta3/development.html
-
https://github.com/apache/incubator-storm/blob/master/DEVELOPER.md#merge-a-pull-request-or-patch
- https://deltacloud.apache.org/send-pull-request.html

Off topic, I really like the 'readthedocs.org' site, we should look into
hosting Brooklyn documentation there eventually.

Andrew.