Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by xiaoyuan <yu...@163.com> on 2016/08/31 14:11:20 UTC

Beeline history problem

Hi All,

I am using beeline on my local machine, when I press the up key, it does not show the last command but something like “^[[A”, and when I press the down key, “^[[B” is showing.

I am not sure whether this is a bug or I miss some configurations ?

Thanks~

Re: Beeline history problem

Posted by Vihang Karajgaonkar <vi...@cloudera.com>.
**removing dev list so as to avoid duplication of thread.

This issue was reported and fixed in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-14153 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-14153> Which version are you using? Can you check if you have this fix in your build?