Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Thiago Souza <tc...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/07 16:35:54 UTC

Samza and Amazon Kinesis

Hi there,

I'm quite new to Samza and currently evaluating it for a new project.

Does it make any sense to implement an alternative to Kafka based on Amazon
Kinesis?

Thanks,
Thiago Souza

Re: Samza and Amazon Kinesis

Posted by Martin Kleppmann <ma...@kleppmann.com>.
Hi Thiago,

Have you had a chance to work on the Kinesis support for Samza? I've had a few people ask me about it, so perhaps there's an opportunity for folks to collaborate. There's definitely interest.

I've also got an engineering contact for Kinesis at Amazon who is interested in helping. I don't have time to work on this myself, but if you want to ping me off-list I can put you in touch. (Anyone else lurking on this list who's interested in Kinesis?)

Best,
Martin

Re: Samza and Amazon Kinesis

Posted by Thiago Souza <tc...@gmail.com>.