Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by allen chan <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/22 18:53:10 UTC

0.9 consumer beta?

In the documentation it says the new consumer is considered beta quality. I
cannot find what is beta about it. Stability? Performance?
Can someone clarify?
3.3.2 New Consumer Configs
<http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#newconsumerconfigs>Since
0.9.0.0 we have been working on a replacement for our existing simple and
high-level consumers. The code is considered beta quality"

--
Allen Michael Chan

Re: 0.9 consumer beta?

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Allen,

By "beta quality" we meant to say that it is not used in production yet as
we know of, and its public APIs may have minor changes in future 0.9.0.1
release. But if you need any new features of the 0.9.0.0 release like
security I would recommend you to start trying it out.

Thanks,
Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang