Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Steve Terrell <st...@oculus360.us> on 2015/10/28 01:09:56 UTC

Best Way To Copy Table From Old Phoenix/HBase versions to Newer?

Hi!

I'm trying to copy my tables from an old cluster with HBase 0.94.18 &
Phoenix 3.2.2 over new a cluster with HBase 0.98.15 and Phoenix 4.6.0 .

I was thinking about doing it in Pig
using org.apache.phoenix.pig.PhoenixHBaseLoader('old ip')
and org.apache.phoenix.pig.PhoenixHBaseStorage(''new ip)

Or maybe doing a manual HBase table export/import, then creating the
Phoenix tables.

I was hoping there would be a way to do a select/upsert, but one that works
between clusters.  I don't think there is.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks a lot,
    Steve

Re: Best Way To Copy Table From Old Phoenix/HBase versions to Newer?

Posted by Steve Terrell <st...@oculus360.us>.
Thanks for the tip!  Unfortunately, my source cluster is now having
unrelated issues restoring from an HBase backup, so I may not get to try it.

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.