Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@collab.net> on 2000/08/29 22:38:13 UTC

Re: user def directives

Jason van Zyl wrote:

> And certainly limiting the creation of
> directives will optimization easier.
> That's one part of webmacro I'm not keen
> on is the user defined directives. Although
> for compatibility with WM it might be
> necessary. Though I would like to do a
> proper survey (We need a Turbine based
> survey app!) or see if addition that people
> have made can be accomodated with methods
> or properties.

I say to hell with user defined directives.
--

Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>
http://collab.net/ | open source | do the right thing

Re: user def directives

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@periapt.com>.
On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Daniel L. Rall wrote:

> Jason van Zyl wrote:
> >
> > And certainly limiting the creation of
> > directives will optimization easier.
> > That's one part of webmacro I'm not keen
> > on is the user defined directives. Although
> > for compatibility with WM it might be
> > necessary. Though I would like to do a
> > proper survey (We need a Turbine based
> > survey app!) or see if addition that people
> > have made can be accomodated with methods
> > or properties.
>
> I say to hell with user defined directives.

I honestly don't think they're very useful.
But I would like to support them for WM
users if it's a popular strategy. I would
really like to do a survey. If less then 20%
of WM users don't use that feature then I agree,
lets just ditch that idea. It just makes
debugging harder, and as a group how are
we really supposed to help with

#incorrectly_implemented_directive $busted

There's no point. Extend with macros not directives!

jvz.

--

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@periapt.com