Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by mfs <fa...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/18 06:45:07 UTC

Trying to close a modal when a form contained in the modal is submitted

Hi Guys,

I am trying to find a solution to a problem relating to modal windows, which
apparently is a bit trickier than i thought it would be.

So basically i have a modal window with a panel as the content, the panel
itself contains a form. The form submission happen in a new window i.e. i
have a onSubmit="window.open()". and everything works as expected (though i
have read the threads where it has been suggested to use ajax components
inside the modal but so form using a plain form has worked for me.)

Now, a new requirement has come up, where i want to close the modal window
as soon as the form is submitted (which as mentioned happens in a new
window). I have tried certain option but to no use...Can anyone point me to
the right direction..as to how to do achieve the form submission (as well as
closing of modal window)

Thanks in advance