Posted to user@click.apache.org by easydoor <ch...@valdoise.fr> on 2010/03/15 11:28:26 UTC

Next Click release

Hi,

In the Roadmap & changes topic, you write :
New Click releases will be released every quarter with the next version Click
2.2.0 scheduled for the end of March 2010. Tentative features for the next
release includes improved Ajax support, @Bindable support for Page
getters/setters and an improved Menu control.

Could you tell me more on this next release ? especially on the Ajax support ?
Do you confirm the deliver on end of March ?

As you don't bring really integrated Ajax features, i worked on the ZK Ria Ajax
framework, do you know it ? If yes, what is your opinion ?

I'd like to continue to work with your framework, so could you answer me ?

Thanks a lot !

Re: Next Click release

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

We are targeting a 2.2 RC1 release this month. This will be followed
up by a final release pretty soon afterwards, maybe 2 weeks.  After
that the 2.3 release work will start happening.

I am not sure if AJAX will make it in this release, Bob is leading up
this effort. However this release layouts a lot of work which will
support AJAX such as the DataProvider construct which will only load
data on demand. Important for pages with AJAX controls where you don't
want to run through the whole page and all its related database
queries, just to update a select list.

regards Malcolm Edgar