Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org> on 2020/02/28 15:01:24 UTC

[DISCUSS] Remove Eclipse-specific plugin configurations

Hello,

in various maven pom.xml we have some plugin definitions exclusively to
increase support for the Eclipse IDE.

 From what I have heard developing Flink is not really possible with
Exclipse (we explicitly recommend IntelliJ in our documentation); I'm
not aware of any committer using it at least.

Hence I wanted to ask here to find out whether anyone is using Eclipse.

If not, then I would like remove this stuff from the poms in an effort
to reduce noise, and to reduce issues when using other IDE's (like what
happened for vscode-java in FLINK-16150).

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove Eclipse-specific plugin configurations

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
You may very well may be ;)

This gives us one more reason to remove this stuff.

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.