Posted to dev@bahir.apache.org by Gustavo Momenté <mo...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/27 14:58:11 UTC

Re: Apache Bahir release for the Flink runtime

Any update on this? Are snapshot published anywhere? I'm interested in
using Apache Bahir right now, but can't figure where snapshots are
published.

On 2019/05/20 07:41:24, Luciano Resende <l....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, if everybody agrees, we can go with 1.8.0 and try to keep it
synchronized.>

> As for remaining items, any must-have items before we try a release
candidate?>

> On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 12:30 AM Joao Boto <bo...@boto.pro> wrote:>
> >>
> > if we re going to try to be syncronized with flink version and this
could be important because of Blink (Alibaba fork) integration to Flink>

escribió:>

> >> What should we call the next release then? Just 1.1? 1.5? 2.0?>

but we have to do release more often>

escribió:>

> [...]
Flink>

Flink>

Posted by Gustavo Momenté <mo...@gmail.com>.

> I don't think it's easy to get multiple snapshots for same artifact
> name/version.

I agree with you, I think right now the best solution for my use case (I
can't upgrade to Flink 1.9.0 yet) is to release the old versions in an
internal maven repository.

I'm not having issues build locally, but I think not having released
versions increases the burden in new users as they will have to figure how
to bundle and publish their own versions.

I'm just starting to use Apache Bahir, and will be probably using it in
production next month and this thread caught my attention. Do you think
we'll be moving forward with versioning Apache Bahir for Flink? What are
the main blockers, how can I help?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gustavo Momenté <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.