Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ezanih <ez...@hotmail.com> on 2009/05/14 07:01:59 UTC

Maven continuously initiates transfer of jars

Hi there

I am using Mavan 2.0.9 (although the problem occurs with older Maven
versions). I have a Maven-enabled project which uses Spring, Hibernate and
several Apache Commons libraries as well as Tomcat 5.5. I am using the
Eclipse IDE. I have followed the Maven installation instructions and setup
my M2_HOME and M2 environment variables and tested Mavenis ok with mvn
--version.

My problem is I have Maven dependency-enabled my project but my Eclipse IDE
is showing red squares with a white cross over most of the files in my
project with the error being :

"The import <org.apache or org.hibernate or org.springframework> cannot be
resolved" with red curvy lines below the import statements.

I have reinstalled Maven, Eclipse and the project but to no avail. I have
checked that my Maven .m2 repository has all the jar files in the allocated
folder on my PC.

However, my project seems to be unable to read the jar files and all my
import statements at the top of my java class are turning red. Pls help.

Many thks!

Re: Maven continuously initiates transfer of jars

Posted by ezanih <ez...@hotmail.com>.
Well the first and earliest ERROR line I get from my Eclipse IDE Console
shows this :

"10:17:09,078 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context
initialization failed
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/collections15/Closure"

but I made sure (and double-checked!) that I have
collections-generic-4.01.jar in my \WEB-INF classpath together with
commons-collections-3.2.jar and commons-logging-1.1.1.jar.

Re: Maven continuously initiates transfer of jars

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Well, you should try to isolate the different possible causes of your
problem.
Open a CLI and run something like mvn compile from the root of your project.

What does it say?

Cheers.

2009/5/14 ezanih <ez...@hotmail.com>

> Hi there
>
> I am using Mavan 2.0.9 (although the problem occurs with older Maven
> versions). I have a Maven-enabled project which uses Spring, Hibernate and
> several Apache Commons libraries as well as Tomcat 5.5. I am using the
> Eclipse IDE. I have followed the Maven installation instructions and setup
> my M2_HOME and M2 environment variables and tested Mavenis ok with mvn
> --version.
>
> My problem is I have Maven dependency-enabled my project but my Eclipse IDE
> is showing red squares with a white cross over most of the files in my
> project with the error being :
>
> "The import <org.apache or org.hibernate or org.springframework> cannot be
> resolved" with red curvy lines below the import statements.
>
> I have reinstalled Maven, Eclipse and the project but to no avail. I have
> checked that my Maven .m2 repository has all the jar files in the allocated
> folder on my PC.
>
> However, my project seems to be unable to read the jar files and all my
> import statements at the top of my java class are turning red. Pls help.
>
> Many thks!

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !