Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Johan S <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/20 17:01:43 UTC

Howto deploy war to jetty server

Hi

I have a maven project that consist of three modules.

- core
- web
- acceptance

The core builds to a jar, and the web module depends on it. The web module
builds to a war file.
To my question. My acceptance module consist of htmlunit tests. How can I
configure it to use the war file, deploy it to a jetty server and be used by
my htmlunit test?

The only way I can do it is by deploy it from the web test.
In maven 1 you could use

<properties><jetty.bundle>true</jetty.bundle></properties>

But how do I configure it to be deployed by the acceptance test? Can I use
plugin somehow?

Johan

-----
http://www.procensor.se
http://www.mobilepost.se
http://www.resultreporter.com
http://www.butiksbelysning.se

Re: Howto deploy war to jetty server

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I think you want Cargo. They have some archetypes for creating a
project such as the acceptance one:
http://cargo.codehaus.org/Maven2+Archetypes

- Brett

2008/8/21 Johan S <jo...@gmail.com>:

> Hi
>
> I have a maven project that consist of three modules.
>
> - core
> - web
> - acceptance
>
> The core builds to a jar, and the web module depends on it. The web module
> builds to a war file.
> To my question. My acceptance module consist of htmlunit tests. How can I
> configure it to use the war file, deploy it to a jetty server and be used by
> my htmlunit test?
>
> The only way I can do it is by deploy it from the web test.
> In maven 1 you could use
>
> <properties><jetty.bundle>true</jetty.bundle></properties>
>
> But how do I configure it to be deployed by the acceptance test? Can I use
> plugin somehow?
>
> Johan
>

> -----
> http://www.procensor.se