Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jan Wilm <Ja...@consol.de> on 2000/05/02 12:54:40 UTC

Re: mod_jserev

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Prashanth Kulkarni wrote:

> HI,
>   no it does not work, this is really driving me nuts, i have a strong
> feeling that i am missing out on some thing very basic.
>   i am trying this for the last two days but am not able to enable the
> mod_so module in my apache_1.3.12 version with out which i am not able
> to proceed with succesfully downloading the tom cat either.
>
> please can some one tell me as to how do i enable the mod_so module in my
> apache_1.3.12 version binary download
>   i have done this
>
> 	./configure --enable-module=so --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE
>
> but still the apxs command gives me the same error

you compiled after doing the configure ??
like "make install"
or "make clean; make install"

Re: mod_jserev

Posted by Gary Frederick <ga...@jsoft.com>.
try

./configure --prefix=/path/to/install/location/for/apache \
                --enable-module=rewrite \
                --enable-shared=rewrite

that's what I used a few days ago and it worked for me (redhat 6.1)

Gary

Jan Wilm wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Prashanth Kulkarni wrote:
>
> > HI,
> >   no it does not work, this is really driving me nuts, i have a strong
> > feeling that i am missing out on some thing very basic.
> >   i am trying this for the last two days but am not able to enable the
> > mod_so module in my apache_1.3.12 version with out which i am not able
> > to proceed with succesfully downloading the tom cat either.
> >
> > please can some one tell me as to how do i enable the mod_so module in my
> > apache_1.3.12 version binary download
> >   i have done this
> >
> >       ./configure --enable-module=so --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE
> >
> > but still the apxs command gives me the same error
> >
> you compiled after doing the configure ??
> like "make install"
> or "make clean; make install"

gary.frederick@jsoft.com
Husband to Susan, Father to Elizabeth
Terrapin Station Homeschool
... computers, homeschooling, Friends, Family and God.
<http://www.jsoft.com>

><> ><> ><>

"some do and some don't"
  Eeyore on Romans 12:4-5

Writing exception trace to a file

Posted by Chris Howard <ch...@asgna.com>.
I'm trying to write the exception trace to a file.  I want the file to be
appended to the same debug file that is located in the same directory as the
jsp file is located.  Tomcat defaults the path for printwriter to the
tomcat/bin directory.  How can I write the file to the directory where the
jsp file is located?

Cheers,
Chris

Load Balancing

Posted by Youngho Cho <yo...@nannet.co.kr>.
Hi,

I would like to setup a different context per different JVM in different
machine.

for example
http://www.my.com/contextA/  : machine A
http://www.my.com/contextB/  : machine B

I'm trying to setup from tomcat-apache.conf but because of autogeneration of
this conf file I can't change the file.

How can I set like above ?

Thanks in advance.

youngho