Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Richard Light <ri...@light.demon.co.uk> on 2003/03/10 21:56:41 UTC

XPath queries and HTTP

Hi,

Am I right in deducing that the HTTP 0.8 helper doesn't deal with XPath
queries?  HTTPHandler.java (lines 134-9) deals with the DOCUMENT case by
calling map.getDocument().  It seems unlikely that this method contains
hidden abilities to cope with an XPath argument ...

If this is the case, I would be interested in helping to add this
capability. (Newbie alert: I normally program in Delphi!)  Would it be a
case of adapting the XPathQuery code so that it returns its results to
the HTTP response object, rather than sending the results to the
standard output?  Is this a sensible thing to be doing at all?

Thanks,

Richard Light
--
Richard Light
SGML/XML and Museum Information Consultancy