Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> on 2018/01/30 09:21:11 UTC

Apache EU Roadshow 2018 in Berlin

Hi All

If you haven't already seen the announcement, https://s.apache.org/9Ork then we are extremely happy to let you all know that we will be holding an Apache EU Roadshow co-located with FOSS Backstage in Berlin on 13 – 14 June 2018.

The Roadshow will be free of charge to FOSS Backstage attendees (this means that you will need to buy a ticket to FOSS Backstage to attend!). You can find out more information and buy your early bird tickets from https://foss-backstage.de/

As well as our Apache Booth, there will be an Apache Lounge space for people to relax, collaborate and hack. (In fact the Lounge will be there during Berlin Buzzwords too and there is also a Barcamp on Sunday 10th June!)

During the Roadshow we will have 2 Apache Devrooms available so will be looking for projects to submit presentation, discussion, or workshops proposals. (NOTE: I'll work with Daniel to get the CFP system for the Roadshow submissions up as soon as possible). We also will have a shared workshop space with FOSS Backstage that could be suitable for sprints, BoFs or small workshops.

We only have capacity to run 2 full tracks per day for this Roadshow, plus some small additional workshops so will need to limit the scope since this is a smaller event than our normal ApacheCon. Our main focus for this Roadshow is going to be IOT, Cloud, Httpd and Tomcat.

Note that we won't have any space for Community or Apache Way talks but the good news is that the FOSS Backstage organisers have said that they would be happy to include an Apache track if there are enough submissions,  so please submit any community, governance or legal themed talks directly to FOSS Backstage.

https://foss-backstage.de/call-papers

So now, please go ahead and spread the word that we will be having an Apache event in Europe this year :-) and if you can, makes plans to come along and participate.

For more information and updates please check http://apachecon.com/

Thanks
Sharan