Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com> on 2012/07/03 17:06:36 UTC

[OT] playing video native on windows (Re: CMS anonymous user improvements)

Hi Rob,

Nice video, good quality it looks good

Have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind.

Will the files generated directly from Camtasia run in the MS supplied
media player directly?

I did a quick read on their web site but didn't see that directly
answered.

I suppose should start just by asking what format files you are
producing?

Last - the video on youtube now, how large a file is the original you
uploaded?

Thanks,

//drew

Re: [OT] playing video native on windows (Re: CMS anonymous user improvements)

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 11:06 AM, drew <dr...@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> Nice video, good quality it looks good

Thanks.

> Have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind.
>
> Will the files generated directly from Camtasia run in the MS supplied
> media player directly?

I did not try.  I can check when I'm home.  It was 1280x768.
Camtasia has s bunch of export options, including one for YouTube HD,
which I was I picked.   I never had to touch or upload the files.  It
had a dialog for logging into YouTube, picking title, tags, etc..  It
then encoding the video and uploaded it automatically.

> I did a quick read on their web site but didn't see that directly
> answered.
>
> I suppose should start just by asking what format files you are
> producing?
>
> Last - the video on youtube now, how large a file is the original you
> uploaded?

I don't know, since I never saw it. The upload happens behind the
scenes.  But I can check at home to see whether the intermediate files
are still there.

-Rob

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 11:06 AM, drew <dr...@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> Nice video, good quality it looks good
>
> Have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind.
>
> Will the files generated directly from Camtasia run in the MS supplied
> media player directly?
>
> I did a quick read on their web site but didn't see that directly
> answered.
>
> I suppose should start just by asking what format files you are
> producing?
>
> Last - the video on youtube now, how large a file is the original you
> uploaded?

Quick followup.  It looks like the Youtube option uses these settings:

1280x720 MP4 with 128kpbs audio, AAC format.

The video is 9:00:00 long and the encoded file was 17.05 MB.

-Rob