Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Rik Meuleman <in...@computeraanhuis.be> on 2014/04/12 10:00:23 UTC

they ask money for your product !!!

look here they are selling openoffice for money

http://www.officebestellen.nl/

EURO 159,- EURO 49,95

hope you can do somethingabout it.

Rick.

Re: they ask money for your product !!!

Posted by Dave Barton <db...@tasit.net>.
Copy to Rik Meuleman who is not subscribed to this list.

Rik, Thank you for the notification, but for future reference, please
post only genuine security issues to the security@openoffice.apache.org
list and matters requiring privacy to the private@openoffice.apache.org
list. Issues such as this are best posted to the
users@openoffice.apache.org list only.

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.

Posted by Gerry Dutchie <wi...@yahoo.com>.
Here is the data of the firm behind it:

domain officebestellen.nl
Status actief
Owner Verdien & Bespaar B.V.
Postadres
Verdien & Bespaar
Baronielaan 4
4818 RA Breda

Administrative contactinfo@verdienenbespaar.nl
Registrar TransIP BV
Schipholweg 9 b
2316XB LEIDEN
Netherlands
Technical contactpinfo@verdienenbespaar.nl
DNSSEC ja
Domeinnaamserversns0.transip.net
 ns1.transip.nl
 ns2.transip.eu
Date registration 2014-02-21
Date last change 2014-02-22
Administration NL Domain Registry

Sincerely,

Gerrit Bruijnes

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12 April 2014 13:12, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
> Rik Meuleman wrote:
>>
>> look here they are selling openoffice for money
>> http://www.officebestellen.nl/
>> EURO 159,- EURO 49,95
>> hope you can do somethingabout it.
>

> (dropping the "security" list as explained by Dave).
>
> At times we can do something. The OpenOffice project owns and enforces a
> number of trademarks. Due to the legal implications, this is often dealt
> with in private, but we do enforce them.
>
> In this case, the site does not mention OpenOffice anywhere and doesn't use
> our trademarks (orb with gulls, logo...). Actually, we can't even be sure
> that it sells OpenOffice; the license they describe is LGPL and is not the
> current OpenOffice license.

However, the icons for the individual applications on the page have
twin gulls and look similar to the ones used in Open Office.

That may be co-incidence.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.