Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Piyush Hari <pi...@oracle.com> on 2006/10/02 17:33:09 UTC

[proposal] fix 'messages' component for PDAs

Hello,

The 'messages' component is used at the top of an application page to give the user important messaging information. It will automatically show any messages added to the FacesContext.

This component is currently not supported on PDAs but works fine for desktop applications. Message headers appear but not the underlying message. Because of limited screen size on a PDA, I recommend rendering only the messages attached to the FacesBean and not the component specific messages.

Therefore, I propose fixing "messages" components for PDAs in trinidad.

Let me know what you think about this. I will go ahead and set up the JIRA if none of you have objections.

Regards,
Piyush Hari