Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Thomas Leguyader <Th...@sab2i.com> on 2016/12/07 13:36:02 UTC

Jetspeed 2.3.1 and Websphere 8.5

Hi,

I have a portal based on Jetspeed 2.2.2 and it works great. :)

I decided to do an upgrade from Jetspeed 2.2.2 to Jetspeed 2.3.1.
It still works great on Tomcat (7.0.63) but I have a problem with the role manager portlet from j2-admin 2.3.1 if I use Websphere 8.5 (8.5.5.9).

The problem is the following :
When I go to the role management portlet (j2-admin::JetspeedPrincipalManagementRolesPortlet), I have an "Internal error" with a link "Return to home page" in the portlet.

If I check the logs, I can see a Error "org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Can't instantiate page using constructor public org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.security.JetspeedPrincipalManagementPortlet()" that is caused by a "java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.UserImpl incompatible with org.apache.jetspeed.security.UserSubjectPrincipal" exeption.

You will find the full exception stack in attachement.

I've done some vérifications :

-          org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.UserImpl is in the jetspeed-security-2.3.1.jar that is in the *-portal.war

-          org.apache.jetspeed.security.UserSubjectPrincipal is in the jetspeed-api-2.3.1.jar that is in an attached sharedLib

-          I have checked the interfaces and super classes of theses classes and it shouldn't launch a ClassCastException

I've analyzed the classloading logs and the versions of the jars and classes that are loaded seem to be OK.
I really don't understand what is going wrong.

Is someone encountered a similar probem with the 2.3.1 version and Websphere 8.5.5 ?
Any idea of how I can fix this ?

Cordialement,
Thomas LE GUYADER

[http://www.sab2i.com/fichiers/20130204105607_ecologie.png] Pensez à l'environnement, n'imprimez ce message que si nécessaire ! Please, consider the environment before printing this email.

RE: Jetspeed 2.3.1 and Websphere 8.5

Posted by Thomas Leguyader <Th...@sab2i.com>.
Hi,

> Have you read the documentation here
Yes I have.

> Could it be possible that Websphere still has a class loader configured with the old jars?
I don't think so but I'm going to check (again).

Cordialement,
Thomas LE GUYADER

Posted by DavidSeanTaylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Posted by Thomas Leguyader <Th...@sab2i.com>.